Alberta Critical Worker Benefit. Hello everyone, You may have seen the release of the new Alberta Critical Worker Benefit last week and you may have employees asking about whether they qualify for this program. You can read the details on the eligibility requirements and the application process here. (https://www.alberta.ca/critical-worker-benefit.aspx)
This program would provide a one time payment of $1,200 to employees that meet the following eligibility requirements:
- earn $25 per hour or less
- have worked at least 300 hours between the period of October 12, 2020 and January 31, 2021
- be located and working in Alberta
The website lists the private sector industries that are eligible for this program with the general categories being:
- Retail – grocery, pharmacy and gas
- Food manufacturing
- Truck transportation of food and medical supplies
- Warehousing and storage of food and medical supplies
- Private health clinics
- Private sector workers in First Nations communities
- Ineligible occupations
The employer is required to apply on behalf of their employees and the application deadline is March 19, 2021.
Don’t Let the Complexities of Your Accounting & Taxation Needs Burden You Any Longer
When it comes to providing accounting services, our team works diligently to make sure you receive the maximum benefit available to you, while making sure all tax and filing requirements are met.
We focus on providing services to private corporations and their shareholders, we can provide you with a wide-range of services to meet your needs, we will tailor your experience as we specialize in all things tax and accounting.
Our team can assist your business in all facets of your day-to-day accounting and tax matters.